ASTM International Announces Call for Papers for Building Materials and Climate Change Symposium
ASTM International announced a call for papers for a Symposium on Changing Face of Building Materials and Systems in Response to Climate Change, to be held Oct. 9-10, 2024, in Orlando, FL. The event is sponsored by ASTM International’s thermal insulation committee (C16) and will be held in conjunction with the committee’s standards development meetings.
This symposium will be a forum that focuses on the impacts of climate change on building materials and systems. This symposium will initiate discussion and collaborations surrounding building codes and standards, and changes required to mitigate the impacts of climate change on our building stocks.
Topics for the symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Climate-resilient (extremes of temp, fire, drought, wind, rain and flood) buildings and thermal insulations
- Embodied carbon (retrofit, manufacturing, and building commissioning)
- New or modified thermal insulations and related building products/materials
- Theoretical developments in materials and systems design
- Advances in testing and evaluation (laboratory and field)
- Codes, standards and economics related to buildings
- Simulations and modeling of building performance
For more information about the symposium, visit https://go.astm.org/building-materials-systems-and-climate-change.
Symposia Operations Contact: Tammy Schane tel+1.610.832.9522, email@example.com
Source URL: https://newsroom.astm.org/newsroom-articles/astm-international-announces-call-papers-building-materials-and-climate-change