Registration is open for the Symposium on Medical Devices of the Future – What’s Needed for Fatigue, Fracture Resistance, and Durability in Transportation, Medical Devices, and Exoskeletons, to be held November 1-2, 2022 at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.). The event is organized by ASTM International’s committee E08 on fatigue and fracture, F04 on medical and surgical materials and devices, and F48 on exoskeletons and exosuits, in conjunction with the committees’ standards development meetings.
Invited speakers will present contemporary design and material requirements and address methodologies in fatigue crack initiation, crack propagation, and failure analyses used for such technologies as ground vehicles, aircraft, aerospace, and medical devices. The event will investigate whether these methodologies may be employed in exosuits and exoskeletons.
Topics for this symposium may include:
- Environmental Parameters / Material Behavior
- Standard Methodologies to Characterize Materials Employed in Medical and Exoskeleton/Exosuit Design
- Strain-based and Stress-based Fatigue Behavior
- Fracture Mechanics Behavior
- Deformation Characteristics
- Characterization of Material/Device for Design Reliability,
- Mean Strain, Mean Stress Response of Nitinol
- Lifetime Prediction Techniques for Medical and Exoskeleton/Exosuit Devices
- Metallurgy, Microstructures and Mechanical Properties Processing Parameters / Material Behavior
- Simulation Characterizations and Applications to Design and Prediction
- Material Selection for Biocompatibility and/or Wearability
The language of the conference will be English.
For technical information, please contact the Symposium Chairs M.R. Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org), Terry Woods (email@example.com), Janet Gbur (firstname.lastname@example.org), Brian Berg (email@example.com), and Don Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To register, and for more information about the symposium, visit https://na.eventscloud.com/website/34389/sympmeddevicesfuture/.
Symposia Operations Contact: Jennifer Buono tel+1.610.832.9698, email@example.com