Registration is open for the 1st ASTM Bearing and Transmission Steels Technology Symposium, to be held November 2-4, 2022 at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (Louisiana, USA). The event is sponsored by ASTM committee A01 on steel, stainless steel and related alloys, in conjunction with the committee’s November standards development meetings.
The objective of the symposium is to bring together rolling bearing and transmission steel practitioners from the steel industries, rolling bearing and transmission product producers, research and development institutes and academia to present the latest steel technologies developments.
Topics will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review of contact mechanics and steel technology requirements in rolling bearings and gear sliding contacts,
- New developments or reviews of steel technologies for rolling bearing and transmission components,
- Bearing and transmission steelmaking air-melt and re-melt process developments related to cost and quality (value),
- New alloy and heat treatment developments including aerospace,
- Developments in bearing and transmission steel quality assessment methods such as internal cleanliness using ultrasound methodologies,
- Advances in rolling contact fatigue and sliding contact testing (and standardization) and relationships with service life,
- Dimensional stability testing and specification requirements,
- Use of fracture mechanics in bearing and transmission steel property characterization,
- Advances in understanding hydrogen effects on bearing and transmission steel performance,
- Recent developments in the understanding of contact fatigue initiation and white etching crack (WEC) failure mechanisms.
To register for the event, or for more information, visit https://na.eventscloud.com/website/33145/a01-nov-2022-symp/.
Additional information is available from symposium chair John Beswick (email@example.com).
Symposia Operations Contact: Jennifer Buono tel+1.610.832.9698, firstname.lastname@example.org