Papers are invited for ASTM International’s 16th International Symposium on Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres, to be held in the fall of 2023, location and exact date to be determined. The event is sponsored by ASTM International’s compatibility and sensitivity of materials in oxygen enriched atmospheres committee (G04) and will be held in conjunction with the committee’s fall standards development meetings.
The purpose of this symposium is to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of peer-reviewed papers on topics related to fire hazards in oxygen, oxygen-enriched environments, and other oxidizer systems.
Topics for this symposium may include but are not limited to:
- Flammability of materials in oxygen and oxygen-enriched environments;
- Combustion rates of materials in oxygen and oxygen-enriched environments;
- Toxicity of combustion products in oxygen fires;
- Flammability of materials in non-oxygen oxidizer environments;
- Mathematical modeling of combustion processes in oxygen-enriched environments; and
- New test methods to define material safety for use in oxygen environments.
This symposium will be attended by scientists and engineers, as well as private manufacturing companies who must keep informed of all the latest research so that they can provide a safe product to their customers.
To participate in the symposium, authors must submit a 250 to 300-word preliminary abstract using the online Abstract Submission Portal no later than July 14, 2023. To ensure your abstract was received into the ASTM database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and share that you have submitted an abstract.
For more information about this symposium, please visit: https://go.astm.org/flammability-oxygen-enriched-atmospheres .
Symposia Operations Contact: Tammy Schane tel+1.610.832.9522, email@example.com