ASTM International is hosting a workshop on New Opportunities for Quantitative Metallography: From Sample Preparation to Machine Learning, to be held Nov. 6, 2023, in Washington, D.C. The event is sponsored by ASTM International’s metallography committee (E04) and will be held in conjunction with the committee’s November standards development meetings.
The aim of this workshop is to look at the current state of metallography and the development of emerging techniques not directly captured in the current ASTM standards. This effort will help to determine if there are opportunities for future standard development and/or improvement of existing documents.
Topics for this workshop include:
- Quantitative metallography without image analysis software (is this relevant and of-interest, point counting and other methods);
- Image analysis software (improvements and how these are applied to ASTM standards, what are the new opportunities);
- Correlative microscopy (state of the art and opportunities for ASTM standards improvement);
- Machine learning techniques (pattern recognition, automated image analysis, etc.); and
- Limitations & considerations with sample preparation (introducing error).
Additional information is available from technical chair Janet Gbur (email@example.com).
For more information about the conference, visit https://go.astm.org/quantitative-metallography-workshop.
Symposia Operations Contact: Tammy Schane tel+1.610.832.9522, firstname.lastname@example.org