Papers are invited for the 21st International ASTM/ESIS Symposium on Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics (43rd National Symposium on Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics), to be held November 8-10, 2023 at the Washington Hilton (Washington, DC, District of Columbia, U.S.). The event is co-sponsored by ASTM International’s committee E08 on fatigue and fracture and the European Structural Integrity Society (ESIS), in conjunction with the committee’s November standards development meetings.
Fatigue and fracture behaviors of engineered components are a relevant topic today across a wide variety of fields. This symposium is intended to be a forum for exchange of ideas, test methods, data, and analysis methods across a broad range of fatigue and fracture mechanics topics, materials, and engineered components, including metallic materials, composites, and hybrid materials.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Fracture & fatigue of advanced materials
- Fracture & fatigue of thin films
- High temperature creep fracture
- Fretting fatigue
- Thermal-mechanical fatigue
- Stress corrosion & corrosion fatigue
- Environment assisted fracture
- Fracture in ceramics
- Fracture in polymers
- Nonlinear & linear fracture mechanics
- Computational fracture mechanics
- Nondestructive testing for fracture prevention
- Fracture in biological materials
- Structural integrity assessments
- Probabilistic fracture mechanics
- Dynamic & high strain rate fracture
- Fracture in weldments
- Fatigue and fracture of composites
- Fatigue and fracture of additive manufacturing
- Ultra-high-cycle fatigue
- Residual stress effects on fatigue and fracture
- Statistical aspects of fatigue and fracture
- Fatigue and fracture modeling verification and validation
- Fatigue and fracture data analytics including Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Digital twin for fatigue and fracture life assessment
To participate in the symposium, authors must submit a 2 to 3-page abstract using the ASTM Extended Abstracts template provided in the ASTM Abstract Submission Portal no later than November 30, 2022.
Additional information is available from technical chairs Dr. Santosh Narasimhachary (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Pedro Moreira (email@example.com), and Dr. Min Liao (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the symposium, visit https://na.eventscloud.com/website/44342/21st-international-astm-esis-symp/.
Symposia Operations Contact: Jennifer Buono tel+1.610.832.9698, email@example.com