Registration is now open for the ASTM International Symposium on Reactivity Tests for Cement-based Materials – From Lab testing to Standards and Specifications, to be held June 12, 2022, at the Hyatt Regency Seattle (Washington, USA). The symposium is sponsored by ASTM’s concrete and concrete aggregates committee (C09) and will be held in conjunction with the committee’s June standards development meetings.
The objective of the symposium is to differentiate supplementary cementitious materials and inert materials for use in concrete. Significant progress on reactivity/screening testing has been made in the last five years and numerous tests have been developed. However, standardization and use of these tests in specifications have lagged. A goal of the symposium is to convene technical experts with presentations and discussions aimed at moving tests forward from labs to standards and specifications.
Topics for this symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Reactivity testing for supplementary cementitious materials – recent advances;
- Determining links between reactivity testing outputs and concrete properties;
- Impediments to adaption of reactivity tests in standards and specifications;
- Strength activity test: How to improve a flawed test;
- Reactivity test interpretation using modeling approaches; and
- Examples and case studies of application of reactivity testing approaches in large scale applications.
To register for the event, or for more information, visit https://go.astm.org/cement-based-materials-tests-symposium.
Additional technical information is available from symposium co-chairs Prannoy Suraneni (email@example.com) and Lisa Burris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Symposia Operations Contact: Jennifer Buono, tel+1.610.832.9698; email@example.com