ASTM International and United States Pharmacopeia to Hold Cannabis Quality Workshop
ASTM International and U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) will hold a virtual global workshop on cannabis quality on Dec. 7-8, 2022., from 8:00 a.m. – 12:15 ET (2:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. CET) each day. Interested participants must register for the free event.
The workshop will feature standards and guidelines from ASTM International, USP, PhEur, and other relevant organizations and discuss how these resources can help address challenges specific to cannabis quality. Participants will explore science-based resources from these organizations and opportunities to harmonize the varying national requirements for cannabis quality for products intended for medical use and scientific research.
The objectives of the cannabis quality workshop are:
- provide awareness of the existing data, regulatory framework and public policy for cannabis quality, public quality standards, and policy guidance documents on defining cannabis product quality attributes globally – initially from an American and European perspective.
- help participants understand the basis for standards to explore potential harmonization among standards groups.
- facilitate discussions between stakeholders to identify needs and challenges related to cannabis quality.
- discover global data gaps to inform and research needs.
The workshop will feature four panel sessions over the course of the two day event.
- regulatory panel with representatives from Health Canada, CANNRA, and Europe.
- standards panel featuring representatives from USP, ASTM, and EDQM.
- industry panel featuring representatives from Indena, Jazz Pharma, and more.
- closing session on perspectives from academia, healthcare practitioners, and consultants.
Click here to learn more about the panel session topics or to register for the free cannabis quality workshop visit.
ASTM International is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization that develops voluntary consensus standards and defers to appropriate government authorities to determine the legal and regulatory framework regarding the control and use of cannabis.
About ASTM International
Committed to serving global societal needs, ASTM International positively impacts public health and safety, consumer confidence, and overall quality of life. We integrate consensus standards – developed with our international membership of volunteer technical experts – and innovative services to improve lives… Helping our world work better.
USP (United States Pharmacopeial Convention) is an independent, scientific nonprofit organization focused on building trust in the supply of safe, quality medicines, dietary supplements and foods. We are working to strengthen the global supply chain so that the products people rely on for health are available when needed and work as expected. For more information, visit usp.org and usp.org/cannabis.
Media Inquiries: Dan Bergels, tel +1.610.832.9602; email@example.com
ASTM Contact: Jimmy Farrell, tel +1.610.832.9661; firstname.lastname@example.org
USP Contact: Anne Bell, tel +1.301.998.6785; email@example.com
Source URL: https://newsroom.astm.org/newsroom-articles/astm-international-and-united-states-pharmacopeia-hold-cannabis-quality-workshop